SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Apparently, stories of Mi has been nominated for the sunshine blogger award! I must say, I feel honoured that my small page has been picked from a list of over a 100 other blogs.When you discover your name on the nomination list, you can’t help yourself but put on a big smile 🙂
I got nominated by www.eazynazy.com, so I’m starting with a big thank you for her 🙂 She seems to be a great all-rounder, blogging about travels, food and family. I like the fresh style of her page and how easy it is to click around.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My answers to Eazynazy’s questions:
1.What’s the story behind your Blog name?
Mi is my nickname. On my travels, I met people from all over the world, but most of them could just spell the name “Mireille”. So a Brazilian friend of mine came up with the idea of “Mi”. This nickname kind of stuck with me, as it is easy to spell and to remember. On my blog I want to write of course the stories I experienced, so the idea of “storiesofmi” came up.
2. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
This one is tricky, as there is so many good food all around the world! But I think my favourite one is pastel del nata in Portugal. These are small egg tarts served with sugar and cinnamon.
3.Any sayings or quote that you live by?
None that I can think of. But in my opinion, everyone should live and do what they want, as long as doesn’t affect other people in a negative way.
4.Online shopping or In-store shopping?
Mostly In-store shopping. I used to buy a lot online but came back to the idea of supporting local and fair businesses. However, if I find a great deal online (especially for my camera stuff), I will definitely purchase it.
5. What is the one thing (not a person) you can’t live without?
Interesting, I can’t think of anything directly. If I’m honest with myself I wouldn’t want to miss my smartphone as it helps a lot while travelling. You can book flights, hostels, download the maps of your current city, call an Uber… But I wouldn’t want to miss my camera and GoPro neither.
6. What is your favourite beauty essential?
Does coconut oil count? 🙂
7.If you had a chance to buy whatever you wanted for free from one high-end store, which store would it be?
8.What is your favourite Blog post you have written? (please provide the link)
From Alaska to Argentina. As I’ve written about a travel dream I haven’t realised yet, I also bought pictures from Shutterstock for the first time. This article really represents my dream and I couldn’t stop smiling while writing it 🙂
9.What are your goals for 2017?
Doing the trip from my answer above 🙂
10.What do you love about Blogging?
That you can explain yourself. When you start talking about your stories or plannings, people always interrupt you by saying that this is crazy or too dangerous. After reading a post, most of them change their point of view and you can better discuss those ideas and experiences.
11.Your favourite Blogger, who inspires you? (Please provide the link)
I don’t know that many other blogs, but I really like Little grey box.Phoebe is writing about their amazing travels while Matt creates amazing videos. I just love the style of her writing and she has a talent for taking good pictures too.
My questions for my nominees:
- What was your first blog post about? If it’s still on your blog, pls provide the link.
- Where would you like to live if money/work were out of question and why?
- Do you have a habit that seems rather strange to other people?
- What inspired you to create your blog?
- Have you ever been completely lost somewhere?
- City or nature trips?
- Which accommodation do you choose while travelling? (Luxury hotel, hostel, camping..)
- If you knew that the whole world would read your next blog post, what would be the theme of it?
- Can you live out of your blog or do you have a job besides?
- One amazing thing you’ve done?
- The top line of your bucket list?
Please comment down below if you’d like to be nominated and make sure to leave your blog URL so that I can take a look at your work. The winners will be announced on 9th of April, 2017 .
Good luck 🙂